{A bit on the history of the homestead can be found at the bottom of this page...
I plan to update it as I learn more about my home, so please re-read it every now and again...}

Monday, March 24, 2008

Apartment kitchen and bath...

It’s been a few weeks since my twisted ankle mishap and I’m pretty much good as new…but now my home’s a mess...but a good mess!

A few weeks ago my handyman, Dale, started the renovations on my 1-bedroom apartment and the building of a new laundry room. Here are some pictures a few days into the project:




My plan is to update the kitchen with new appliances, cabinets, counters, and floors. The bathroom will have a new shower and tiled walls around the tub.

Since the apartment's bathroom is huge, I'm having Dale build a wall down the middle of it to create a laundry room which will be accessible through both the main house and the apartment. He's also moving a wall in the hallway and setting the door on the house-side into the laundry room catty-corner to help open up the space.

I'm looking forward to the convenience of having my washer and dryer near my bedroom; it will definitely be better than having to lug clothes down to the first floor, through the kitchen, and down into the cellar, then back up again to the second floor...I'm also looking forward to having a tenant in the space.

It was great seeing the gradual changes in the apartment day-to-day. However, right now I’m away on business in Miami while Dale has still been going to the homestead every day, so I’m sure I’ll be amazed by the changes when I get back.

No comments: