{A bit on the history of the homestead can be found at the bottom of this page...
I plan to update it as I learn more about my home, so please re-read it every now and again...}

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Guest bathroom...


I'm not quite finished with remodeling my guest bathroom, but here is a quick look at the progress so far.

This photo was taken when I first moved in:

This is from when Dale first removed the "box" around the cast-iron tub so that we could see what was underneath:

Unfortunately, the claw-feet I was hoping to find were missing, so we improvised. Dale shored up the tub with wood blocks and the plan is to build a stand for it to turn it into a pedestal tub:

I laid the tiles seen in the picture below. They're not perfect, but I think it came out OK for my first time:



Originally, the tub didn't have a shower so I had one installed:



The toilet, medicine cabinet, and vanity with drop-in sink were from the 1950's; lovely pieces, but worn, leaky, out-dated, and in serious need of replacement. I had them removed (even though I kept them on the off-chance that I might be able to do something with them in the future) and installed a new toilet, larger mirror, and spacious vanity with a vessel sink and high-arch faucet:



There are only a few minor details left before the bathroom is completed (sealant on the tiles, trim around the tiled area, baseboard moulding, paint touch-ups, etc.) but this should only take a few more days to do...

No comments: