{A bit on the history of the homestead can be found at the bottom of this page...
I plan to update it as I learn more about my home, so please re-read it every now and again...}

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Painting the great room...

Kurt and I began painting the living room last weekend. We primed over the old cream-colored paint on the walls and ceiling, and the olive-green accent color:


We finished the walls and ceiling with a matte-finish bright white, and started work on the trim in a color called "Gold Coin" in a milk-paint finish which would have been authentic to a late-18th century home:



It's taking a little longer than we expected (I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to painting) but we're hoping to have it all done by next Saturday evening. After the wedding we'll start on the stairwell and upstairs hall, then finish up the kids' bedroom's before they move in...

No comments: